Vanuatu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

annw24

Reaction score
I'm thinking of Vanuatu as a destination for my next trip - probably come Oct/Nov. and would welcome any suggestions/information.
Went to the Cook Islands last year, enjoyed it a lot but was somewhat disappointed in the coral. We may go back there this year and then on to Fiji - or straight to Fiji and then to Vanuatu.
My husband is a non-diver so I'm alone for that and really rely on good, supportive dive operators. I've been spoiled by frequent trips to Hawaii where they really know how to make diving easy for women of a certain age!

I did a trip to Espiritu Santo in December last year and did the Coolidge a number of times over ten days (I did a trip report several months ago and I think it's still in this category a few pages back). I was also a solo female traveller.
I stayed at the Deco Stop Lodge and dived with Alan Power Dives (http://www.allan-power-santo.com/). A bit nervous at some of the depths but got the hang of it and loved the awesome spectacle.
This October is the 60th anniversary of the sinking of the Coolidge so you may find some shipwreck history buffs.

Enjoy

Hi Annw24

I loved the diving in Vanautu Have been there 3 or 4 times now last year being the latest.Also have dive the President Coolidge on Santo a couple of times. But I would have to say that I really enjoyed my diving in Port Villa and have no hesitation in recommending Nautilus Scuba Diving.I have dived with them each time I've there. Also they were instrumental in getting me back into the water after a very bad experience I had in Santo. If it wasn't for my dive buddy (who happened to be my best friend) and Nautilus I can assure you I would not be diving today. Nautilus is very supportive in all your needs and match you accordingly.

As you have said that your husband is a non-diver I would recommend you stay in Port Villa as there is really very little to do on Santo if you don't dive. At least in Port Villa he will be able to do some other things while you dive.

Also have dived Fiji but not much (hope to retun next year) but found Vanautu better but that is personal choice.

I have yet to get to the Cook Islands but it is on our list to do in the near future but this year we are doing Solomon Islands.

Feel free to email me if you would like some more info on Vanuatu and where to stay there etc.

Sherry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom