Vancouver vis conditions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dandan163

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all, brand spanking newbie here. The wife and I were just recently certified and are itching to get in the water. Just wondering if anyone knows what the conditions are like? We went for a dive at whiskey cove about 2 weeks ago and the visibility was about 10 ft. Not the best, but still nice to get in the water:) Anyone been out lately?

Thanks!

Whytecliff Friday afternoon. Top 15' zero, down to 40' 5-10', below 40' it opened up to about 20'. We dove the channel marker.

Anyone at kelvin this weekend? Heading out there later this afternoon I think.

Top ~20 was near zero. Under that to 60 was 10'. Doable, little scurry going down though!

At Ansell it was the same, I had to surface find my co-divers bubbles and follow them back down and even that was a bit difficult in such low viz.

Thanks for the info. Is it fair to assume it will be like this for the summer?

Dandan: not all the time, and not everywhere. It's day to day. Even hour to hour sometimes.

Porteau was 5 feet,,,,,,,,stay on the bottom its good,,,anything above 8 feet is green out!

Back
Top Bottom