Vancouver in April

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

matt_unique

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'll be in Vancouver in April. Can anyone recommend some charter operations that would be operating that time of year? This will be my first time diving in the Pac NW. Any recommended sites? This is my first stop in the research....thanks

--Matt

I know a couple of the dive shops do weekly fun dives. I can't remember the name of the shops-the one in North Vancouver is Ocean Quest maybe- they do Wednesday evening dives. Another shop somewhere in south Vancouver does Saturday morning dives. I've never hooked up with the North Vancouver people but I did go out on one of the Saturday morning dives to Whytte Cliff Park last March. I know this isn't much to go on but I got a lot of info by searching the internet sites for Vancouver dive shops.
Good luck. Hope you are able to do some fun dives.

matt_unique:
I'll be in Vancouver in April. Can anyone recommend some charter operations that would be operating that time of year? This will be my first time diving in the Pac NW. Any recommended sites? This is my first stop in the research....thanks

--Matt
Matt, why don't you come over to Vancouver Island and do some dives with me in Nanaimo?
We use Divers Choice Charters for most of our excursions

Dave is right, Divers Choice is a first rate operationa ndif you can get some of the famous peanut butter pie, well that is just a bonus.

We go with DC three or fours times a year and have never been disappointed.

Mike...

Nanaimo's an easy ferry ride from Vancouver, so even a day trip is possible. I also like Diver's Choice, although there are other options for charters in Nanaimo.

Victoria is also a ferry ride away, and Ogden Point Dive Shop runs charters out to Race Rocks, as well as the McKenzie and a few other great dive sites.

There used to be a dive shop in Vancouver (BC Diver Adventures) that ran a small boat out to some really nice dive sites around Bowyer Island. I think he sold the boat, but it's still in service for diving. You could check with the shop.

There's also some pretty nice shore diving up at WhyteCliffe Park, just south of the Horseshoe Bay ferry terminal in north Vancouver.

You've got lots of options ... and April's a great time to be up here diving ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
Victoria is also a ferry ride away, and Ogden Point Dive Shop runs charters out to Race Rocks, as well as the McKenzie and a few other great dive sites.
Victoria is a beautiful city and Race Rocks has some incredible dive sites. The Great Race comes to mind.

If you go to Victoria, there also the wreck dives at Sidney to consider. Ogden Point divers go there as well as others from Victoria. Well worth the trip, if you cannot make it to Nanaimo.

Mike...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom