Vancouver Dive Site Tips

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just came back from the Island, and must concur...by far, some (read 'all') of the sweetest diving to be found in British Columbia!!

We are from Syracuse area, do most of our diving up in the St. Lawrence, fantastic wreck diving.

Sorry, am trying to get the hang of the Scuba Board reply thingie...thanks everyone for all your input, Vancouver Island it is.

If you do for some reason end up diving on the mainland rather than on the island I suggest avoiding porteau cove. Not that its a bad site, but I hear that all the highway construction going on around that area has dirtied up the water. That and it's a pain in the butt to drive up there these days.

Another call to come to the island! I just left the mighty St Lawrence almost two years ago. Your right some great wreck and structure diving, but everything is brown, grey, and a dull green. The life and colour will amaze you here, and if you want miss your wrecks the Reef Society {http://www.artificialreef.bc.ca/} has sunk some ships and a plane for your pleasure.

Let us know when you have your plans firmed up and then we can better direct you. Enjoy your trip.

Back
Top Bottom