Vancouver Dive Site Tips

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pkdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi - my husband and I are heading to Vancouver for some dry suit diving in September. We will have a car. Looking for your favorite Vancouver-area dive sites.
Thanks!
pkdiver

Hi - my husband and I are heading to Vancouver for some dry suit diving in September. We will have a car. Looking for your favorite Vancouver-area dive sites.
Thanks!
pkdiver
Whyttecliff Park and Porteau Cove are 2 popular shore dives in Vancouver.

If you have a car, the best diving in Vancouver is......on Vancouver Island :) Take a great ferry ride and you have some of the best diving the Pacific Northwest has to offer. Typically, we have better Viz on the island, less traffic and some more interesting sites, from charter boats on artificial reefs to some very cool marine life dives. PM me if you want more specifics. BTW, where in upstate NY? I am pretty familiar with the area around Lake Champlain (Platsburg, Lake Placid)

If you have a car, the best diving in Vancouver is......on Vancouver Island :) Take a great ferry ride and you have some of the best diving the Pacific Northwest has to offer. Typically, we have better Viz on the island, less traffic and some more interesting sites, from charter boats on artificial reefs to some very cool marine life dives. PM me if you want more specifics. BTW, where in upstate NY? I am pretty familiar with the area around Lake Champlain (Platsburg, Lake Placid)

Hey, no stealing our divers :wink:

If you're coming for the diving, then I would definitely recommend that you keep right on going to Vancouver Island and/or the Sunshine coast. Diving around Vancouver is good, but many dive sites on Vancouver Island are better. There are good dive sites near every major town on Vancouver Island, and most of the spots in between.

Post again when you solidify your travel plans, I'm sure you can find some people to show you their favourite sites.

Another vote for the Island.

Cheers

Al

Have to agree, if you are coming all that way go just a bit further and get over to Vancouver Island. Most of Vancouver is on a river delta which limits the local diving considerably.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom