Vancouver area viz conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

StuartT

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
It would be good if people can post viz conditions for the surrounding areas. Porteau cove Sunday July 20th on the Nakaya 20-25 feet. 10-15 feet in the shallows.

the vis this summer has been as good as last winter, hopefully this winter will be better. I will update tomorrow night when I get home from diving.

Monday Aug 3rd Porteau Cove. Low tide slack.

Lost of fresh water run off from the Squamish river and spawn/particulate in the water. Mainly affecting shallower water above 40ft. Vis above 40ft depth was 10ft. Vis at the Nakaya in deeper water was about 25ft.

I think it would have been a better dive at high slack.

Hut island wall Howe sound abut 30 feet huge cloud sponges and an octopus. Boyer island canyons 25-30 feet and another small octopus other divers said they saw a huge octopus back in a cave. Sunday Aug 9th

We saw a spiny dogfish at 23ft at whytecliff on Sunday. Very happy about that. vis was about 25-30ft at 9am.

Sunday Aug 16th. Howe sound Hut Island wall excellent vis probably 50 feet. Puget Sound King Crab , octopus, Irish lord, Decorator warbonet, grunt sculpins etc. Boyer Island North pinnacle about 40 feet vis. Octopus, smaller pskc, greenlings,roch fish,lings etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom