Vancouver area dive Friday Dec 30

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Les & Tino: Glad you could make it today!

2 good (and interesting!) dives.

Dove the cut and I got narced around 75 fsw. Tried a couple of times but just couldn't get past 75 without feeling bad. So we tried to stay above 65. Nice dive, so many nudi's! Les lost his camera unfortunately.

So on dive 2 we changed the program and went in search of his camera. And found it at 70 fsw, 20 feet below where Les took the last picture!! This made dive 2 a winner as well. Had a nice dive through the gardens after finding the camera. Great 2nd dive.

:)

Bjorn

I appreciate you both helping with finding the camera. Just glad I did not have the new model(all black housing and strobe). thanks again. Yes great dives lots to see. tons of fair sized nudis. gonna look up that ?snake-like worm? thing that I found swimming on dive 1. glad we did OOA drill to refresh. not something you want to do but may have to one day. and the bizarre freedivers mermaiding past us at mach 3. caught me off guard for sure. bought one of those night markers today and all filled up for monday if I am able to.
keep on postin'
Les

Les: Finding that Camera was very cool. Good think it ended up at 70 fsw instead of 300 (given that we were diving the Cut, could have happened!) :)
Let me know if you find out what that worm like thing was. I looked through my 'Whelks to Whales' and didn't find anything that looked like it.

Edit: I'd like to do more OOA drills. Along with some mask replacements etc. It that kind of stuff that will pull your behind out of the sling when the smelly brown stuff hits the rotating blades. If especially with people that I dive frequently with. I think it can only help in the long run.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom