Vancouver area dive Friday Dec 30

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeckyll

Contributor
Reaction score
I thought that I'd start a seperate thread for this dive.

Bill and I are both intersted in going out to dive (and I just got some tanks so now I need to go, right?! :wink: )

Anyways, if you're interested post up or PM! We don't have a specific site picked out yet and are open to suggestions if anyone has favorites.

Yours

Bjorn

I'd like to join on friday. I just picked up a pair of dry gloves that I'm stoked on trying out. Setting them up has been a pain but i'm hoping it will be worth it in the end.

I will see how busy we are at work friday. If we are slow then I will join. what times are you thinking? my tanks will be filled today so I am ready. just that darn work issue getting in the way. hehe.
keep on postin'.
Les

that work thing is getting in the way.

Tino: Did you say that you'd done the cut before? I wouldn't mind checking that out. Then we could do a 2nd shallower dive in the bay.

What do you think? Also I wouldn't mind diving around 1 pm again if that works.

Let me know.

Bjorn

Bjorn,

Looks like you've got enough for a dive. I will wait until later tonight or tomorrow morning to decide. I have done the cut a few times and it is a good dive. If I can join you guys, 1pm is good for me as well, though I may be limited to one dive.

Cheers,
Bill.

Bill: If you could join us that would be great! I haven't done the cut and would like to do it with someone who has (like any new dive that I'm doing). I will PM you my cell #

Hope to see you tomorrow.

Bjorn

the cut sounds good. I'll be limited to a 1 tank dive too if we meet at 1pm. How's 11o'clock sound so we can get in 2 tanks?

Tino: 11 o'clock works well for me.

... ok as I was starting to type my reply Tino called me. The plan we worked out is as follows:

Dive 1: Meet at 11 am at the Whytecliff top parking lot (by the washrooms). Dive the Cut for the first dive. Max depth 90 feet (most likely in the 70 - 80 foot range).

Dive 2: After surface interval & snacks, dive the islet. Depending on tide, either all the way around starting on the far side and ending in the bay, or if easier, start in the bay, turn at 1500 and back. Well max at 60 feet (or in any case less than dive 1) and spend a fair bit of time on the shallow portions of the islet. I should be able to find the octo den again. (25 - 40 foot depth).

Bill, I hope this works for you and allows you to do 2 dives as well :) Les, if you can get out of work early maybe you can join us for the 2nd dive?

For anyone that can only make the 1 pm timeframe, if you can't make dive 1 you should be able to join us for dive 2 (assuming that we hit the water around 11.30 am ending around 12 - 12.15pm for dive 1 and have a 1 hour surface interval).

There, hopefully that will work for everyone and allow us to max out the amount of diving we get to do :)

Yours

Bjorn

sounds great. I can't say whether or not I'll be able to make it as I don't know if I have any work yet or not. It is a day by day thing right now. I will bring my gear to work and will have to see but at least I know where and when.
I have been around the cut. Usually we would descend at the bay point and head over to the gardens and sometimes exit @ the cut. I am not familiar with the underwater landmarks to determine the cut or not so don't follow me.lol.
Les

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom