valve work

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

anytime

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I bought some old tanks and had them hydro'ed the same day. I took them to the LDS to have the visual done and they said that the valves had to be rebuilt. What do you think the cost should be for this type of work? I am returning to the shop in the morning for the estimate.

Thanks.

Edit to add they are all high pressure steel.

Well, it shouldn't be too much, but then again, "too much" can be a nebulous figure.

They're probably just breaking the valves down, cleaning them and replacing the 2 o-rings. I'd hazard a guess that they shouldn't charge you more then $15 per valve.

Many shops will charge $3 for a Viton o-ring when you can buy them all day long through Manhattan Supply Company for about $20 per 100, which ='s 20 cents a piece.

the K

I pay 3-9 cents a piece for my o-rings, and the lots are a little smaller, usually 33-75 depending on the size. They'll likely replace the burst disks, too, but those are pretty inexpensive as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom