Valve stiff to turn?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BarryNL

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just got a new double set and on one side (the right as you wear them) the valve handle is very stiff to turn when the system is pressurised. The valve is supposed to be balanced so I assume there is something wrong in the valve.

The question is, is this something easy to fix myself or does it need to go back to the shop, which is a bit of a long drive.

Barry, without actually feeling your valve....I would very much recomm. you return it to the shop for service or replacement. It is not something you want to mess with unless you are fully qualified to,,,,and if it is a new set-up it would be covered under a warrenty.....its worth your time and drive!! Good luck.

PS---nice dive log on your persn. web page site.

texdiveguy:
Barry, without actually feeling your valve....I would very much recomm. you return it to the shop for service or replacement. It is not something you want to mess with unless you are fully qualified to,,,,and if it is a new set-up it would be covered under a warrenty.....its worth your time and drive!! Good luck.

PS---nice dive log on your persn. web page site.
Ok, thanks. I just wondered if someone might say "turn the screw 1/4 turn" or something simple - but if there's nothing like that then it's going back.

BarryNL:
I just got a new double set and on one side (the right as you wear them) the valve handle is very stiff to turn when the system is pressurised. The valve is supposed to be balanced so I assume there is something wrong in the valve.

The question is, is this something easy to fix myself or does it need to go back to the shop, which is a bit of a long drive.
U might have the tanks overfilled, if you do that, everythiing is more thight and stiff

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom