Valve reccomendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubatooth

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I will be getting some aluminum luxfer 80's this spring for just general use in the local lake, but im wanting to get a valve that i will be able to use both yoke and din valves (ie 200 bar din that i could stick a adaptor in for yoke regs or fills )

even though im in college and cost is some what of a issue, if it means paying a couple of extra dollars for quality i dont mind

the valves are for luxfer alum 80's ( 3000 psi)

Thanks in advance

Any name brand valve will work. I like the OMS because they are very small.
If you're looking to double the 80s at some time, you will need left and right hand valves.

MD

I agree with MechDiver. Go with the OMS valves. They can be had fairly cheap on ebay brand new. My buddy just got two of them for about 80 quid with shipping.

thanks for the reccomendation guys, i want to see if anyone else has a opionon on valves to

but these tanks (alum 80's) wont be put into doubles because of the bouyancy shift would be to great, these will only be single tanks. if in the future i want doubles for tech diving i would get steel lp 98 or 104's (i choose those based on my height and what i know i can carry on my back)

Back
Top Bottom