Valve Placement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

and introduce a whole new reason why I like my forearm dump.

With a forearm dump I can see the bubbles and know if it is venting air or not. When I used suits with shoulder dumps, I could not see the bubble and it made me nervous. Having the forearm dump gives me one less thing to worry about.

I can easily dump air by just raising my arm, but I'd willing go through a few contortions. Still being a newbie diver, peace of mind and emotional comfort are very important to me.

jackie

My first suit had a shoulder dump...I was always jealous of my friends that had forearm dump's as when they went to dump air out of their suit, they REALLY dumped air. The pressure differential is greater...It seemed convenient just throwing your arm up to let air out...

So, when I went to order my new suit (Woo!!! Only two more days until it's here) I started w/ a forearm dump. Then changed my mind...

I'm used to the shoulder dump. It's easier for me to use it - Just cock my arm and bend a little.

After talking to my friends w/ forearm dumps, I'm glad I stuck w/ the shoulder. If you put your computer on the wrist w/ the dump, it's going to freak out every time you throw your hand up to dump. Then, how about your compass??? Your slate??? the wrist dump seems to get in the way of all that.

On the other hand, I would agree that the shoulder dump catches more on straps.

So huh...horse apiece I guess. I just prefer the shoulder dump....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom