Valve on New PST E7-120: 200 or 300 bar?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ClassAction

Reaction score
I'm interested in getting a new e7-120. I'm a little confused about the valve. One website says that the tanks come with a 200 bar din/yoke valve (it converts), but you have the option of choosing a 300 bar din only valve. Can you still get a HP fill with the 200 bar valve? Any safety concerns? I have a din reg. Is there any reason I'd want to have the 200 bar valve that converts to yoke?

Thanks in advance for the advice!

I just purchased 4 E7 100s and 2 E7 80s (to replace my AL80's) so I have been down this road. The DIN 200 valve has 5 threads and will accept an insert that converts the valve to a yoke. The DIN 300 valve has 7 threads and will not work with the yoke screw-in insert. Your DIN 300 reg will work fine with the DIN 200 valve, but a DIN 200 reg will not work on a DIN 300 valve. The advantage is the option of using either a DIN or a yoke reg on the tank. I have two of my NITROX E7 100s configured as DINs, and the rest of my (regular air) tanks are yokes. My SP reg is a DIN with a yoke adapter. I can use either the Nitrox (DIN) or air (yoke) tanks, but no one else in my family can (they have yoke only regs). For me it was a safety issue, to avoid ANY chance of a tank mix-up and them using EAN. Also some people don't like running 3442 PSI into a yoke, and would rather connect with a DIN. DIN 300 valves used on HP tanks have different threads (into the tank) and will not work with the E7s.

By the way... where did you find the E7 120's. There seems to be a major shortage of these tanks. Fill Express says (on their web site) that PST won't be shipping any until mid to late MAY! That is one of the reasons I went with the E7 100's. I tend to be a little bit of an air hog, and the 100's gave me an edge over the guys in our group that are still diving AL80s. Our LDS doesn't sell steel, so I am one of the few here with PSTs. If the 120's are available I just might...

wmspdi:
DIN 300 valves used on HP tanks have different threads (into the tank) and will not work with the E7s.

That's not entirely accurate. Old HP tanks used to have 7/8" tank necks, and therefore 7/8" valves. Today, all PST tanks (and just about every other tank) uses 3/4" tank necks and valves. I have several 3/4" 300 BAR Din valves, all of which would work just fine with E7 tanks.

Sorry... I mis-typed. I was thinking about when I was unable to find a couple of DIN 200 valves to fit into a pair of PST HP 80's that I wanted to buy ($160 new...Cheap!). All that was available was DIN 300 for those 7/8" necks... just got turned around. I was aware that the 3/4" DIN 200s and yokes work with the PSTs LP, E series, and aluminums (I didn't know about the Fabers). Thanks for the correction.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom