value of used aluminum 80's?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Beachlover

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Does anyone know what a fair asking price for two aluminum 80's would be? Both tanks are current hydro& vis.inspection. They are made by Luxfer/Luxfor? Also 3000psi. Thanks in advance!

What is the original (factory) hydro?

What is the current hydro?

The tank alloy is OK so you should not have a problem getting them filled or hydroed as they are not made of the 6351 alloy. Since they have current viz/hydro I suspect he could easily get 75 bucks or a bit more for them. I like to open up used tanks I buy and do a visual on them before buying.

I agree $75 is the ballpark if they are in decent shape. Depending on how well you trust the party making it contingent of fresh visuals may be prudent. The cost sharing can be negotiated, assuming they pass.

Some shops are drawing a 20 year line on ANY aluminum cylinder but you'll be under that wire when going for the next hydro. Having a hard time getting VIP and fills is still a possibility. There is no rule to support this but it is a trend among shops.

You are safely beyond the 3651 alloy period and that is good news.

Pete

It depends on time of year and location, I just bought a pair of like new condition Al 80s of about the same age (post 6351) off ebay for about $80 each after shipping. You can pick up some bargins scuba equipment on ebay in the winter, same can be true of local deals.

Ike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom