Value of 1983 Luxfer 80

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paintball's popularity has raised the value of used cylinders. Tanks that divers would not find desirable go for $50 on eBay. And, if for some reason you desire to scrap the tank, a good used valve brings at least $15.

Good luck with it.

$15 at your local metal scrap yard..

About what I thought

Paintball's popularity has raised the value of used cylinders. Tanks that divers would not find desirable go for $50 on eBay. And, if for some reason you desire to scrap the tank, a good used valve brings at least $15.

Good luck with it.

Not my tank. :wink:

A LDS had a sale on its old rental tanks. Selling them for $59 each

People were lining up outside the door 20 minutes before they opened. One born every minute I guess :D

A LDS had a sale on its old rental tanks. Selling them for $59 each

People were lining up outside the door 20 minutes before they opened. One born every minute I guess :D

So how many did you buy? :eyebrow:

If it passes hydro and the vis includes the neck for cracking then tank is worth no less than any other one. If you want the spiffy paint job or brushed finish then buy a new one. I have 5 80s from 1989 and before and each one seems to hold air just fine and every year passes a VIS+ inspection. Two of them including an older Luxfer just passed hydro as well.

Just like a car, once ANY tank is filled and hits the water its as used as any other.

$15 at your local metal scrap yard..

Ditto, it is essentially worthless save for scrap.

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom