Valhalla missile silo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive-aholic

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
We'll be driving through Texas the weekend before Thanksgiving and would like to dive Valhalla. Does anyone know of any scheduled trips that weekend that we could sign up on?

texdiveguy:
You will need to call them and make arrangments.. http://www.familyscuba.com/valhalla/valhalla.html

Thanks, but I've already talked to the owner and he said we would have to get in on a trip scheduled by another shop or a club. They don't run their own "dive trips" there. We're on his e-mail list, but he also said sometimes a shop or club will schedule a "private" trip, and we thought we might be able to possibly get in on one of those.

Actually I have been thinking of planning an outing there for my dive shop. I have to have at least 12 to make the trip. November 20 sound good? We have done it once before. $45 will get you unlimited diving for the day. There is no air onsite you have to bring everything with you. The minimum number is for in case there is an accident you have enough people to hand someone up from person to person. It's interesting to say the least. A real one of a kind experience.

Valhalla is an interesting dive (it's where I met the future Mrs. ChrisPete.) The dive shop that I worked for at the time got on-board with another shop (located in Midland, TX, can't remember the name off the top of my head but there can't be that many in Midland) that does fairly regular trips there. You may want to Google Midland and Divers and call them up to see if they have any trips going in that time frame.

chrispete:
Valhalla is an interesting dive (it's where I met the future Mrs. ChrisPete.) The dive shop that I worked for at the time got on-board with another shop (located in Midland, TX, can't remember the name off the top of my head but there can't be that many in Midland) that does fairly regular trips there. You may want to Google Midland and Divers and call them up to see if they have any trips going in that time frame.

Thanks. Debraw already set up a trip of Nov 20, though. We plan on joining his shop that day. If anyone else is interested, let him know. He needs a minimum of 12 divers to make it a go.

Dive a missle silo?
What next? Very cool.
I had a bunch of questions, but I watched the video clip and got most of them them answered. Still fifty feet to the water, 30 feet of stairs and 130 feet of water. Very dark, cool, clear water.
Can anyone give a tale of their experience?

Tom

We will have at least 12 people. It is definitely going to go. We are closing the shop that day for the trip. Last year we did $0 in sales on the Saturday before Thanksgiving. All of our regulars will be with us anyway. We are even going to have a riding of the SI Scuba MC Club! LOL!

Here is my account of the 1st time I ever went to Valhalla complete with pictures.

http://www.welchtravel.com/scubadiving/Valhalla.html

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom