Valhalla Missile Silo Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Debraw

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Dive the Valhalla Missile Silo !
November 20, 2004 10AM-4PM

Surface Interval Scuba is putting together a trip from the dive shop to the Silo. Cost is $45 for unlimited diving. There is not an airfill station out there for airfills so you will need to bring as many tanks you want to dive. We will have extra tanks that will cost $5.00 if you want to some more diving but don't have enough air. The water temp is normally about 60 degrees so a minimum of a 5mil with hood gloves will be necessary. We are offering half price rentals for the day of you need a cold water wetsuit, hood gloves, weight, BCD, Regulator, computers, etc. Payment is due ASAP and $15 of the $45 is non-refundable once you book. We will provide snacks ( Little Debbie cakes, Peanuts, Trail mix, Cookies, Sodas, water, etc.) A tent, some chairs, but bring your own if you can. This is a fun trip that is really made better by convoying out in trucks, cars and motorcycles. The SI Scuba Club MC has officially formed now so if you want to brave the cold and ride your motorcycle there will be a few of us who will do the same. Trucks will be available to haul gear and maybe even a few cars will help with the hauling. If we get 40 people the cost will be reduced to $25 per person. It's a party!!! Join US!!!! :dazzler1:

I am in for sure!

We already signed up. We'll be coming from the other direction, so unfortunately, we'll miss the caravan. The MC ride sound like a lot of fun. We'll meet everyone there!

Divaduck & I will be coming. She's a bit of a fair weather duck (She wants to fly south starting in September!), so she will support and take pictures. I'll call the shop and check out your largest semi-dry with hood and mittens. I'll need a hose on my reg for the suit. We can use the crew cab for transport, gear and support for the caravan. Talk to you soon!!

Wunderduck and Divaduck That's great!!! LOL!!!! Troy and I are in Houston right now on a business trip ( for Troy). We will eb back Wednesday night. I will be sending out an e-mail notification also. Talk to you then. I am working the shop on Saturday.

Today is the day. I heard that close to 25 folks were going on the trek!!!!! Burrr.....this is going to be a HOOT!

Great fun!!! My first of two dives was to 112ft. at 59f!!!!

We made it home. Close to 3 hours of rain all the way home on the motorcycles. We had a great crowd and the time just flew by! I wish we could have stayed longer. It was a fun day of driving, diving, eating and chewing the fat. Whew! Tomorrow I am laying on the couch and watching NASCAR!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom