Valhalla - Atlas Missile Silo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've wanted to dive this site for years, but it just hasn't worked out yet due to timing and coinciding with a spot open when I'm driving through Texas. (Which doesn't happen that often.) I didn't know about sleeping in the old command center though. It does sound like a cool weekend thing to do. Maybe I can do a road trip with my kids who dive. Also sorry to hear that the Washington state complex closed. That looked like a really cool dive, especially for an old Air Force security cop like myself. Keys and codes!

I was bummed to see the one in WA closed. Is the TX silo still open?
It is. You have to go with a shop though.

It is. You have to go with a shop though.

Just trying to plan a future trip with a buddy of mine - I was going to fly out to visit him in Vegas and then drive up through CA to WA diving along the way, and try the silo up there, but if it's permanently closed then that idea is out. It's unfortunate that Abilene is the wrong direction, but both of us still want to dive a silo.

Just trying to plan a future trip with a buddy of mine - I was going to fly out to visit him in Vegas and then drive up through CA to WA diving along the way, and try the silo up there, but if it's permanently closed then that idea is out. It's unfortunate that Abilene is the wrong direction, but both of us still want to dive a silo.
I'm not sure if I was clear, but it is open, though you need to schedule a trip through a shop. I have a few people who are interested in going locally, but I haven't set anything up yet.

If you do some googling, there shops in Texas that go fairly frequently IIRC and you may be able to find one that has a trip scheduled.

I didn't know there were silos you could go diving in. This just got added to my list!

I was bummed to see the one in WA closed. Is the TX silo still open?
Yes it is. Go through familyscuba.com to get info. We only lease it to dive stores, so you would have to hook up with one to dive there. Or talk your LDS into booking a trip.

I'm not sure if I was clear, but it is open, though you need to schedule a trip through a shop. I have a few people who are interested in going locally, but I haven't set anything up yet.

If you do some googling, there shops in Texas that go fairly frequently IIRC and you may be able to find one that has a trip scheduled.

Yes, I was referring to the silo in Washington being permanently closed. It was the same deal - you had to go through a shop in order to dive it. The WA silo would've been preferable for us just based on location - mainly because it wasn't a 16 hour drive from my destination airport in the opposite direction of everything else we wanted to dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom