Vaccinations for Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tamas

Contributor
Reaction score
I have been searching for the answer but almost every other source has conflicting info.

What sort of vaccinations do you need or are suggested for Bonaire? Hepatitis A/B? Polio? Thypoid? Malaria? Yellow Fever? Or none at all?

The CDC is a good place to start: http://www.cdc.gov/travel/vaccinat.htm

DAN might have more detailed SCUBA info.

Terry

Tamas:
I have been searching for the answer but almost every other source has conflicting info.

What sort of vaccinations do you need or are suggested for Bonaire? Hepatitis A/B? Polio? Thypoid? Malaria? Yellow Fever? Or none at all?

There are no required vacinations for Bonaire. It is a desert island for the most part.

none required, my wife and i had none and we did ok

of course, this could have been a fluke =)

tjmills:
There are no required vacinations for Bonaire. It is a desert island for the most part.

True, but there is enough standing water to support a billion mosquitos. Having suffered countless bites while I was vacationing in Bonaire I was still thankful that malaria and other mosquito borne diseases haven't taken a foothold there.

Sean

sprange:
I was still thankful that malaria and other mosquito borne diseases haven't taken a foothold there.

about the only places in the Caribbean where malaria is a problem is Haiti and
the Dominican Republic... like you say, thankfully it hasn't taken root anywhere else

they list Trinidad and Tobago as a yellow fever site. then there's
Hep A and B and typhoid, but they're not too specific about those.

H2Andy:
about the only places in the Caribbean where malaria is a problem is Haiti and
the Dominican Republic... like you say, thankfully it hasn't taken root anywhere else

Actually, if you spend time in the southern Yucatan, you are ineligible to give blood for a year due to malarial issues there as well. Near the Mexico/Belize/Guatemala border.

I am unaware of any required special health requirements for Bonaire. The health standards are good on the island.
The Bonaire mosquitos must hate me, I have never had any real trouble with them. I see one or 2 on a trip but never have had any problems even on a trip during the rainy season. Come to the outter banks of NC if you want to see mosquitoes, they have been know to carry off tourist before eating them. :)

None that I know of.

BurBunny:
Actually, if you spend time in the southern Yucatan, you are
ineligible to give blood for a year due to malarial issues there as well. Near the
Mexico/Belize/Guatemala border.

well.. that's not the Caribbean eyebrow

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom