Vacation report, Iberotel Lamaya and Coraya divers... marsa alam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Solly

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just had a good 6 day vacation in Iberotel lamaya resort with family and kids (8-6-2) I was not targeting to dive but had my gear with me anyway.
The hotel is very nice, friendly staff, many things to do all over the day so that kept wife and kids busy somehow so I had the chance to head to the dive center.

The dive center is just 100m off the beach, they do 2 orientation dives for new comers a day then you have the choice to dive the house reef (guided or on your own) or pick any of the numerous short/long ... shuttle/boat trips that they provide.

You have to sign for the trip 1 day before.

They offer free nitrox 32 for certified divers, you have to analyze your tank and write some data on its card and you will find it the next day in your chosen trip.

As I wanted to stay more with family, I dove the house reef mainly and didn't go to any of the trips offered.

The center is very well organized and everything you can think is taken care of.

If you want to skip diving, do as I did and take kids for a snorkeling trip in the bay where a HUGE school of barracudas live (and I was lucky to spot a 1.5m LARGE one near them only few meters away in a very shallow spot). They also have a turtle in the house reef which is seen while snorkeling.

if you are targeting a vacation with family and you want to mix both diving and spending time with family then I would recommend this hotel and the Coraya divers.

Enjoy !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom