V12 problems!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wildcard

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I bought a pair of Oceanic V 12s a while back and love em! But now the piviot point on the fins where the straps attach keeps breaking. 3 of the four are now broken. No Im not over tightening them or leaving them out in the sun. Just wondering if anybody else is having this problem and if Oceanic has responded to your emails? Not mine....Oh ya, my Oceaninc boots also fell apart :pity_part

Dear Mr. Howard,

Thanks for your email, and post on scubaboard.com. Please understand we are closed on the weekends and thus do not respond to emails.

Sorry to here your having problems with your V-12 Fins, and your boots. The V-12 Fins have a limited lifetime warranty covering all manufacturing defects, and the boots come with the same limited one year limited warranty. This assuming they both were purchased through an Authorized Oceanic Dealer.

I recommend simply returning them to local Authorized Oceanic dealer, and depending on their stock and policies, you should be able to get them replace right over the counter. If you prefer you may return them directly here to the factory. However, to do so let me know so I may issue an Return Authorization Number prior to shipping. You will also need to print, complete,and enclose the Product Return Form http://www.oceanicworldwide.com/pdf/12-6012.pdf .

Please note for any warranty service/replacement your product must be accompanied by Proof of Purchase from an Authorized Oceanic Dealer.

Ron Landess
Oceanic USA
Customer Service
2002 Davis St.
San Leandro, CA 94577
Toll Free: (800) 435-3483 x226
Phone: (510) 562-0500
Fax: (510) 569-5404
e-mail: rlandess@oceanicusa.com
Web Site: www.OceanicWorldWide.com
Mon-Fri 8am-5pm Pacific Time
Closed All Major Holidays

I had the same thing happen to my V12 fins, where the post where the strap buckle attaches sheered straight off as I tightened the strap. I e-mailed Oceanic, and they had no problem sending me a new pair of V12s to replace the the damaged ones. Took about two weeks in total, provided that you bought them from a authorized dealer.
Good Luck!

A few people That I dive with had this happen to their V12s as well.
The store owner being one of the first. He noticed before they came right off and told those who had bought them to check theirs. Any that showed signs were all replaced.
Bad batch maybe? No problems at all since then though.

The power of Scuba Board! Now as far as finding a reciept from two years ago? Not a chance. Bought em in Maui at Dive Authority. Im assuming they were a dealer. Would a CC statement work? ANd here is a biggie, has this problem been fixed?

Update. Took em to a dealer ( Deep Ecology on the north shore of Oahu) and they gave me brand new ones, no questions asked...Nothing is perfect but Im glad they back up there products. Thanks Oceanic!

Back
Top Bottom