V-Planner doesn't calc for mixes more than 50% O2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hanymamdouh

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all,

I've earned TDI Deco Pro certificate and for planning I consider using V-Planner. I installed it and began to plan some dives before I go for purchasing phase as the software gives me 30 days trial period.

I noticed that whenever I use Deco Mix more than 50% O2; the software doesn't calculate the plan when I click "Calc" button. Is it a limitation for the trial version or there is something else?

Thanks so much

If you instead install Multi-deco (same company), you will have your choice of several deco programs, including V-Planner.

If you instead install Multi-deco (same company), you will have your choice of several deco programs, including V-Planner.

I tried it also, and it has the same limitation for the trial version. Calculations are limited to 50% O2. I'm afraid to pay 85$ and don't get what I need. Even GUE DecoPlanner doesn't provide any trial version and its price is higher 149$.

Multi-Deco/V-Planner is a bargain at the price as far as I am concerned. What do you need that you fear they don't do? Deco schedules with multiple gases, gas consumption, CNS O2 limits, settable warnings for O2 tox, ICD, low and high PO2, one-click lost gas schedules, gas mixing, etc., are all there, and you can carry it forward to new devices without a charge.

I tried it also, and it has the same limitation for the trial version. Calculations are limited to 50% O2. I'm afraid to pay 85$ and don't get what I need. Even GUE DecoPlanner doesn't provide any trial version and its price is higher 149$.

Multi-Deco/V-Planner is a bargain at the price as far as I am concerned. What do you need that you fear they don't do? Deco schedules with multiple gases, gas consumption, CNS O2 limits, settable warnings for O2 tox, ICD, low and high PO2, one-click lost gas schedules, gas mixing, etc., are all there, and you can carry it forward to new devices without a charge.

Thanks for the reply. So what are the main differences between GUE Deco Planner and V-Planner? as the price difference is high!

Thanks for the reply. So what are the main differences between GUE Deco Planner and V-Planner? as the price difference is high!
V-Planner is one algorithm. Multideco is that algorithm plus several others. They are made by the same company and and work the same way. Between those two, it would be silly to get V-Planner. Multi-deco has many other functions, as described in post #6.

DecoPlanner is GUE's version of Buhlmann. I have never seen it, so I can't comment on its features.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom