Uwl-04 Wide Angle Lens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great pics...love turtles!

We've snuba'd in Maui but haven't dived there yet. Looking forward to going back and doing the manta ray night dive next time.

Nice pics!
Just curious. In the 2nd and 3rd photos, how far would you say the camera was from the 2 turtles and the eel when you took the pictures? And are those pics cropped at all?
Thanks!

I was nice and close for the second shot of the turtles, definitely within 1-2 ft of the coral in the foreground with the turtles slightly further. There was slight cropping on that shot but not much.

I wasn't as close with the 3rd shot (eel). I was probably within 3-4 feet, you can tell the difference in the two because of the extra distance and it needed more cropping. Also, I wasn't shooting up at the eel like you should.

The shot of the frogfish I was within 1 ft for sure, one of my favs.

Great pics...love turtles!
We've snuba'd in Maui but haven't dived there yet. Looking forward to going back and doing the manta ray night dive next time.

The diving in Maui was just fantastic, so many turtles, eels and fish and a few sharks.

I think the night manta dive is the big island? Or does Maui have one too?

Thanks for compliments.

I was nice and close for the second shot of the turtles, definitely within 1-2 ft of the coral in the foreground with the turtles slightly further. There was slight cropping on that shot but not much.

I wasn't as close with the 3rd shot (eel). I was probably within 3-4 feet, you can tell the difference in the two because of the extra distance and it needed more cropping. Also, I wasn't shooting up at the eel like you should.

The shot of the frogfish I was within 1 ft for sure, one of my favs.

The diving in Maui was just fantastic, so many turtles, eels and fish and a few sharks.

Thanks for compliments.

Thanks for the info.

I did the Manta night dive off the Big Island. I have never heard anyone talking about doing one off Maui. Garden Eel Cove seems to be the famous spot for it and that's just off Kona (Big Island).

Oh, you're right! We were on both islands plus Oahu, so I get them confused sometimes. lol Maui we did Molokini and Turtle Town (I think). Kona had some excellent snorkeling (we weren't certified at the time).

We can't wait to go back for some real dives!

I did not realize this lens (UWL-04) was still be made. I prefer it to the newer UWL-28. The UWL-04 has a larger dome and is a larger lens. Both work fine but the UWL-28 due to the smaller dome also has a bit of a tendency to ghost more prominently.

Who can repair these?

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom