UWATEC SMART PRO OR SUUNTO VYTEC

• UWATEC SMART PRO

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • SUUNTO VYTEC

Votes: 22 88.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Uwatec in not Air integrated and does not allow to switch mixtures (I also think it only goes to 50% O2).

The vytec is a hoseless AI computer, can accommodate 3 mixtures up to 99% O2, and enables mixture switching.

What functions do you need?

I think that the Vytec is also much more expensive.

Ari :)

Oh sorry... my choices were the Uwatec Air Z Nitrox vs. the Suunto Vytec... not the Uwatec Smart Pro.

The Uwatec is more expensive (at least here in the Philippines) and I can't get the Uwatec without the transmitter either.

I decided to get the Vytec mainly cuz a lot of divers here swear by the Vyper. And should I ever decide to go hoseless..much to the horror of a lot of DIR and dive buddies of mine... I can buy the transmitter alone :)

I'm gonna be taking my Nitrox classes soon, so I wanted a computer that could 'grow' with me. The Vytec has everything I could possibly need as a recreational diver and more! :)

Most of my friends were suggesting the Vyper... but the price difference was very, very small... about US$55 or $60 only... so I decided to spring for the Vytec instead. :)

jplacson once bubbled...
... I decided to get the Vytec...got one for a pretty good deal I think. Around US$380 without the transmitter

Hello?? Where did you get it for this amazing price? Leisure pro has it for about $550 w/o transmitter.

BradfordNC once bubbled...
yup, go with the VYTEC.

...yeah, buying the extra cable to download the logs kinda sucks, but the logging software is excellent.

I've been able to download my dive data into my Palm pilot using the cable and an interface I built. It makes it easier to view the data and keeps me from having to scroll throught the Vytec menus. Kind of a nifty gadget that I like alot.

LDS here in the Philippines! HAHAHA! I know I got it for a good price!!! One of the lowest I've heard of! I almost fainted when I called in for the price... I kept asking the sales rep "Are you SURE that's the price for the Vytec, not the Vyper??!?!" She was like "Yes sir... Vytec w/o transmitter"

The Vytec WITH the transmitter comes up to something like US$610 or so.

I really was shocked though. I've found a couple of other sites online that sell it for that price... but I'd rather not risk that much money on an online dive shop... warranty and return policies are a pain.

The shop is one of the largest LDS (Aquaventure) here in the Philippines... authorized Suunto (and Aqua Lung) dealer here... so I know there stuff is good to go... serial number on my Vytec is from the newer batch as well..not the recalled batch.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom