Uwatec Never Lost Dive Unit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ryan McLaughlin

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I recently acquired this unit and don't know too much about it. If there is someone who can help me, please don't hesitate to do so. I have attached an image of what parts I have.

Attachments

• IMG_0220.jpg
    IMG_0220.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 22
I recently acquired this unit and don't know too much about it. If there is someone who can help me, please don't hesitate to do so. I have attached an image of what parts I have.

I owned this unit many years ago but lost it during the moves and wars here in Libya. It worked great. There should be a "transmitter" unit with it. Do you have the transmitter/beacon?

The system works as a homing device for you to know the direction of your exit point while diving underwater. You leave the transmitter/beacon attached to a rope below your boat, or where you exit point is, and when you need to go back to this point you just turn until you get the strongest signal. It will even show you the distance to the beacon. I wish they still made it.

I owned this unit many years ago but lost it during the moves and wars here in Libya. It worked great. There should be a "transmitter" unit with it. Do you have the transmitter/beacon?

The system works as a homing device for you to know the direction of your exit point while diving underwater. You leave the transmitter/beacon attached to a rope below your boat, or where you exit point is, and when you need to go back to this point you just turn until you get the strongest signal. It will even show you the distance to the beacon. I wish they still made it.
Unfortunately, I do not have the transmitter with it. It was left in a box given to me without a manual or anything else. Thank you for the insight on the unit. Maybe one day, I will come across a transmitter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom