Wanted Uwatec Galileo Luna Transmitter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seatide

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Looking for working transmitter for Galileo Luna wrist computer.
Please send me a note.

Not sure if it matters in terms of compatibility, but keep in mind there is an old version and a new version transmitter.

The really old ones have torx screws and have a black daub of black sealant on them.

Seatide, if you have a broken transmitter, you can send it to ScubaPro for repair. If it cannot be repaired, they will sell you a new one at a steep discount. Good luck!

Thank you Jax. I spoke to Scubapro today and they said it has to go via a dealer. The closest dealer is a way away and I don't think it's worth driving.
I did not mention I was an Instructor, would it make a difference?

Thank you Jax. I spoke to Scubapro today and they said it has to go via a dealer. The closest dealer is a way away and I don't think it's worth driving.
I did not mention I was an Instructor, would it make a difference?
You can mail it to the dealer, who can mail it back to you. No, instructor does not matter, their customer service sucks for everyone.

Are you very sure yours is totally inop?

BTW, if it is a Luna transmitter, there is no way it is an old one.

Of course, I'm not a professional. Just a Uwatec fan. With 11 transmitters. And no, I won't sell. :wink:

Shame.............:)
Really strange but on their website they provide an address where to send for repairs. So I'll just send it there. It's not just for warranty, repairs as well.
So why would they say through a dealer only?? Scratching head............

Because ScubaPro is protectionist. I wish they had never bought Uwatec. :'(

And to answer your question, looks that it is totally inop. My reg set just returned from servicing and since I am diving on Saturday I checked air data. There was nothing. I tried the pairing sequence numerous times including a new transmitter battery and still nothing. I borrowed a transmitter from a friend and it paired in 2 seconds flat.

Did the transmitter go in with the reg? It is VERY unusual for them to fail just-like-that unless flooded.

Transmitter batteries - Some of them, when they get old, don't stand up to the "pull" of the transmitter firing up and sending a pair signal. I bought a bunch, once, thinking to save money, but the last five in the pack of 10 have died within a couple of days.

You don't have to have the housing on it, nor 'wrench-tight' to test. Put in a fresh battery and screw it in.

-- Note - don't touch the battery with your fingers. Your finger oil can leave a path for drainage. Use a soft clean cloth to polish and install the battery and don't touch.

Turn the Luna on and position it at the end of the transmitter; turn on the reg. It should volunteer pair within 30 seconds. Go ahead and pair it again, if it will.

If it won't, turn it off and wait one minute. Turn it on again. If nothing . . . well, mail it to the ScubaPro dealer. I have one like that right now.

Back
Top Bottom