Uwatec Digital Compass

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MNScuba

Reaction score
For those of you who know what it is, how much would you pay for a new one? I know they don't make them anymore, but I ran across one at a shop that was a demo that they want to sell. No manual, but brand new. I've heard these are sweet units and would like to purchase it, I just don't want to overpay. They are asking $115, should I just save my money and get a standard compass? I love electronic gadgets, so this really sparked my interest.

POS. They don't make them anymore you say. May be one of the best moves they made. A friend has one. I haven't seen it on his wrist in at least a year. It is not water activated, so it can turn off when you don't expect it. You can set the on time, but the longest duration was not very long. Buy a good good compass and put it on your wrist.

JoelW

Bought one, interesting, used it once, too much trouble, gadget only, wrist mount compass/slate/pencil worked better and easier, sold it. 'Nuff said.

Thanks for your input guys, I guess deep down that's what I figured. After all, it's a compass... perhaps I'll just go get a Suunto SK7 and be done with it and still have an extra $50 in my pocket.

The one guy I actually saw using one swears by it, but said he had his nose in the manual for hours...this one didn't come with a manual!

Anyway, thanks again for your honest input.

I think they are annoying as all heck. I used my friends, and it would keep shutting off on me while I was using it....I like my good old analog compass built into my SmartCom.

Even when hiking I hate digital compasses...I have one on my GPS, and while it is a cool "gadget" feature of the GPS, I still use my tried and true Suunto compass if I'm doing any serious navigation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom