UWATEC customer service on Galileo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubi Do

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,

There was no vendor section under manufactureres for Uwatec hence this thread. Reacently purchased a second hand Galileo Terra in mint condition. The unit has the Predictive Multigas upgrade already installed, but, at the time of sale, the vendor did not have at hand the upgrade scratch code.

I was wanting this just incase the unit ever gets reset back to factory defaults and the code needs reinstalling.

I have emailed Uwatec now twice trying to identify if the code can be retrospectively supplied from them based on serial number and hardware ID (all the things that are required to get the upgrade in the first place but have not had a single peep of a reply.

Has anyone actually done this or have first hand experience with UWATEC directly in this type of manner as I am at a loss as to what to do next.:confused:

Cheers

Hi all,

There was no vendor section under manufactureres for Uwatec hence this thread. Reacently purchased a second hand Galileo Terra in mint condition. The unit has the Predictive Multigas upgrade already installed, but, at the time of sale, the vendor did not have at hand the upgrade scratch code.

I don't beleive Uwatec will talk directly to end-users. You're probably going to have to go through your dealer.

Terry

I bought a used Galileo Sol last year. When I had trouble with it, I just went to their web page, product support, contact us, and sent a message. They responded a couple of days later. After a few emails back and forth, they had me send them the Sol and replaced it with a brand new unit at no cost. I have no idea if the original came from an authorized dealer,but Scubapro never questioned it and didn't give me any hassles. I was impressed with their service. :D

When I had trouble with it, I just went to their web page, product support, contact us, and sent a message. They responded a couple of days later.

I had sent two emails directly to Uwatec and, as of yet have yet to get a single reply back from them (a month later). All I can say is their customer service is pathetic. In the end I went to my LDS and the owner gave me a name of of the Australian Scubapro Marketing Manager whom I emailed directly. Got a reply back in a day.

Whilst the product is first class, I am ultimately dissapointed with the larger Uwatec / Scubapro entity.

On the opposite, I had a problem with a Oceanic Semi Dri suit and, without question they took it back and repaied it no questions asked. Could not be happier.

Regardless if the product is new or second hand, I would still expect the curtisy of a reply to a communique sent to them. Not to be ignored.

I am so happy with my Galilleo Terra I purchase a second new unit for my wife, but, this was predominently due to no competition in what I was after. When it comes to my new reg purchases for myself and my wife and kids, I think Scubapro may get the flick.:shocked2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom