UWATEC Bottomtimer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Krezz

Reaction score
Hi there!

I have just bought a used UWATEC Bottomtimer without any manual. My question is if anyone knows if it is possible to download it and if it is where do I find it?

I have looked at UWATEC's homepage and it seems that they have manuals for everything but the one i just bought :confused:

Regards Krezz from Sweden

Hey, welcome to ScubaBoard!

The Uwatec timer has no download capability... It does log the last 9 dives (minus the temperature data), but that's about it. It's really just a simple bottom timer.

-Roman.

Krezz once bubbled...
Hi there!

I have just bought a used UWATEC Bottomtimer without any manual. My question is if anyone knows if it is possible to download it and if it is where do I find it?

I have looked at UWATEC's homepage and it seems that they have manuals for everything but the one i just bought :confused:

Regards Krezz from Sweden

I just ordered one as a temporary while my Smart PRO is away. My understanding is that they do not download dive data. The data is only available for browsing on the screen. They record time, temp, and max depth but they don't provide the detailed profile information which the full-blown computers provide. However, they do provide ascent speed and warnings.

Again, I'll know more when mine arrives this week.

Hi there!

Thanks for your quick answers but I think you missunderstood me and that may be because I missformed my question :(

What I am looking for is the user manual for this gadget where I could get information of how to use it :wink:

Perhaps there is a PDF file somewhere :confused:

Regards Kress

Krezz once bubbled...
Hi there!

Thanks for your quick answers but I think you missunderstood me and that may be because I missformed my question :(

What I am looking for is the user manual for this gadget where I could get information of how to use it :wink:

Perhaps there is a PDF file somewhere :confused:

Regards Kress

There is really nothing to know. You put in on and get in the water. The only thing you can do is scroll through the dive log, and that doesn't tell you much.
In other words, you don't need the "manual" for anything.

MD

I have no idea where you could find a manual, but it's very easy to use... no hidden functions. Turns on automatically when you get in the water and logs the dive once you descend below 4ft for 2-3 mins or so, if I'm not mistaken.

3 buttons on the faceplate. Wet your fingers before using. The right button is base, right and top will bump you back to the main screen, right and left will step you through the dives. That's all there's to it!

-Roman.

I can mail you my owner's manual if I can find it. Its in English though, is that ok? Just PM me your mailing address and I can send it to you this week.

I bought one to use until my Smart Com comes back from the recall. Used it last weekend. Works great. Other posts pretty much explain all there is to it. I just wanted to add the important piece of information that the instrument measure feet of fresh water, not feet of seawater. No salt water in Switzerland! In salt water, it will read a little deeper than you really are. Most tables are in feet of salt water, but since it reads deeper (about 3%) it adds a little conservatism to your dive. Also, when your out of the water, it then automatically records your surface interval. Found if you take it out of its rubber housing, you can squeeze it on the bottom and make it think it's diving!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom