Uwatec Aladin Tec 2G 3 Gauge Dive Computer Console

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yup! I dove with the same set-up for two years before going hoseless. Easy to read and easy to control. Never had any problems. I got mine with the quick disconnect fitting; which, if you have the option, is a nice feature. The only quirk you might find is downloading dives to a computer with a IrDA dongle. The infrared window on the 2G is very touchy about what angle the dongle is held when communicating. You have to find the correct angle and hold it there while downloading. It's not a big deal though. Great little computer, in my opinion!

Are you referring to the Tec 2G or the Aladin 2G. It appears the latter since you mention it is a three gas model. I've used both, with the Aladin 2G replacing my Tec 2G that got stolen. I've only dived with the new one for about 10 dives, but find it quite readable even with my ancient eyes. I haven't tried downloading it yet. I agree with the comment on the older Tec 2G sometimes being difficult to align the window with the dongle, but despite that I never had any real problem downloading it. I'll have to try downloading the new computer soon.

I would go with the Oceanic VEO 3.0 istead but that is still a great computer. We match or beat all prices.

I have the Tec2G and am very happy with it. So happy in fact, I have 3 of them.

Thanks for the input. The reg setup I got used is mk25 and an s600 to go with the Air2 on my BCD. It even appears to have the quick disconnect hose in place already. Looking at the 3 gauge to get the compass too.

Excellent choice! :thumb:

The Tec is a great computer. I use it to back up my Oceanic VT3. Mounted both in DSS mounts on to a piece of 4" PVC pipe. Good set-up.

Phillybob
How about a picture of that PVC pipe setup.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom