Uwatec Aladin Sport Plus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Heath74

Reaction score
What do you guys think of this computer? Does anyone out there own one? I do not dive Nitrox so I do not need that my computer be compatible. I like the features and the price of this computer. I would like to know the pros and cons you guys have had or heard about it.

Thanks,

i owned a sport plus and its really fantastic. nitrox is not a thing of every day so you don't need a nitrox compatible. the only thing the sport plus doesn't show is deco time but that ins't very important. if the dealer is offering a good deal i would definetly buy it

Do yourself a favor and buy a Nitrox compatible computer, not strictly an air computer. You may not dive Nitrox now, but you probably will want to in the future. If you have an air only computer, and you want to take advantage of the longer NDL's with Nitrox, you will have to buy another computer that is Nitrox compatible or dive tables.

Having said that, I have an Aladin Smart Pro and it's a great computer. I only have a few dives on it, but have found it to be very easy to understand, gives all the info I need and then some, and the deco info it gives has been right in line with my Nitek 3 and the Navy tables. The Smart Pro and Smart Com also have adjustable "Level Stop" settings, which will prompt you to make "Level Stops"(Sort of decompression stops, but level stops are not required - just advisory) to help prevent DCS.

Mike

:mean:
It is a good one, I got mine last year and have logged over 30+ dives on it, and I love the fact I can down load it and put it on my home PC. Great choice.

:mean: Rich

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom