UWATEC Aladin Smart Z transmitter battery...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hi
I was just about to change a Battery in a Uwatec Smart Z - and saw your post

you mention reset using a 100Ohm resistor - is there any particular resistor i need - as will order one from ebay and they seem to be different W - is a 1/4w one ok to use ?? or any other resistor specific i need ?

And is this all i need to do to reset this model - or is there any other reset i will need to do also ?
thanks

OK - I ordered some 1/4W resistors cost 99p off ebay if anyone interested , after I soldered in battery - i just bent resistor wires close together touched the contacts as Tobyzedog says and got a beep almost immediately (had the spanner service icon first) then tried turn on and worked - battery says 94% which is what it said with old battery when died - so i guess this didnt reset the battery (but does not matter to me ) - fill with oil next (liquid Paraffin from Pharmacy, needed 3 bottles of 150ml , £2 each) as doing the full submersion method as tried other way just fill but had airbubbles) left it under the oil for like 30mins 1hr to make sure all micro bubbles raised to surface before i will put back on .

Back
Top Bottom