Uwatec 2g. Anyone having problems?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This serves you right for saying you'd sell my one on ebay after it arrived!

I gave you the wrong 'puter!

You did but I feel bad that you got the dodgy one so if you are nice I will loan you one of my spares. :)

I bought on 28 october 2010 a tec. In may 2011 the computer was filled/flooded with water, so i returned it and became a new one, the 2g without TEC. 28 october, last weekend, the computer flooded again. I will get back to the shop I bought it today.
I made about 125 dives (0-50m.) with it. I want to ask for another computer now, 2 times in one year flooding is too much.

The difference between TEC and 2g are de PPO2. On the 2g, it's only 1.4. Too low if you want to make gasswitches on a PPO2 of 1.5 or 1.6 with help of a computer.

I've been diving a 2G as a backup to my VT3 since April. Not a single problem. The 2G DOES let the user set the PO2 up to 1.6. The default setting is 1.4. I cruise at 1.5 all the time.

I really have a version where it is impossible to set de PO2 tot 1.5 or 1.6, 1.4 is highest. The tec 2g could do 1.5 and 1.6, but my 2g not. It's not a problem for me because I don't use the computer for a gasswitch.

Page ONE from the 2G users manual....

Guidelines for the use of Aladin 2G

The following guidelines for using Aladin 2G are derived from the latest medical research
and the recommendations of the American Academy of Underwater Sciences for diving with
diving computers. Following these guidelines will greatly increase your safety while diving,
but cannot guarantee that decompression sickness or oxygen toxicity will not occur.
• Aladin 2G is designed for dives with compressed air (21% O2) and Nitrox (22 to
100% O2) only. Do not use Aladin 2G for dives made with other mixed gases.
• It is absolutely necessary to check the set mixture before each dive and to compare it
to the gas mixture currently used. Always remember: setting an incorrect mixture carries
an inherent risk of decompression sickness and/or oxygen toxicity! Maximum deviation
from the measured mixture must not exceed 1%O2. An incorrect gas mixture can be
lethal!
• Only use Aladin 2G with open circuit breathing systems.
• Only use Aladin 2G for diving with an independent breathing apparatus.
Aladin 2G is not designed for long term exposures with Nitrox.
• Always observe the visual and audible alarm signals. Avoid situations of increased risk
which are marked with a warning sign in this operating manual.
• Aladin 2G has a ppO2 warning. The default limit is set at 1.4bar ppO2 max. It can be
changed between 1.2 and 1.6bar.

• Frequently check the “oxygen clock” (CNS O2). Ascend and finish the dive if the CNS O2
exceeds 75%.
• Never dive deeper than the Maximum Operating Depth (MOD) pertinent to the gas
mixture in use.
• Always check the diving limits considering the oxygen content and standard sports
diving procedures (decompression sickness, oxygen toxicity).
• In accordance with the recommended maximum diving limit of all instructional agencies,
do not dive deeper than 40 metres/130 feet.
• The danger of nitrogen narcosis has to be taken into consideration. Aladin 2G gives no
warning about this.
• On all dives, with or without dive computer, make a safety stop for at least 3 minutes at
5 metres (15 feet).
• All divers using dive computers to plan dives and indicate or determine decompression
status must use their own computer, which they take with them on all dives.
• If Aladin 2G fails at any time during the dive, the dive must be terminated, and
appropriate surfacing procedures (including a slow ascent and a 3 to 5 minute safety
stop at 5 metres /15 feet) should be initiated immediately.
• Comply with the ascent rate and carry out any decompression stop required. If the
computer should fail for any reason, you must ascend at a rate of 10m (30ft) per minute
or less

I had the Tec 2G until it was lifted by a thief. Replaced it with the 2G. Had no problems with the Tec 2G and the only problem with the 2G is that it is back home on Catalina and I am in Florida for the next few months without it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom