UW Photo Development

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Visit your local dive shop and have them send the photos to the Kodak SeaLife processing plant. You'll be very pleased. I looked around for some comparison photos I had posted months ago but I can't seem to find them. The difference in color was remarkable.

TedJ

My advice would be to visit a local minilab, Ritz or otherwise that has a Fuji Frontier printer. Talk to the person doing the printing and tell them what you need. Ask if they have experience printing underwater photographs.

I worked for Ritz Camera part time during my college days. This was a little more than 10 years ago. We had a Noritsu 901 and then a 1201 printer. The machine was analog but you could program in color corrections. The biggest mistake a lot of operators made in printing u/w photos was that they were printed too light.

If you are unsatisifed with your minilab, send some of the negatives in for Kodak Sea Processing for reprints. I'm told that Sea processing does help reduce backscatter caused by illuminated particles in the water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom