UW camera with UW housing..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the info. I know, with proper care of the orings and such that you shouldnt have any issues, but I just shudder at the thought of having a failure and destroying a camera. Will digest this information and confuse myself even more :)

It seems there was a misunderstanding, I wrote about "out of the box" UW cameras, like Olympus Tough & SW, Pentax W, Canon D10, Panasonic TS (FT) and Sony TX5:
"Panasonic DMC-TS2 (FT2) is undoubtedly the best compact P&S UW camera" and DMC-LX5 is NOT out of the box compact P&S UW camera!!!

And YES, I agree with you, that almost all the cameras with manual settings and RAW recording options are better than this (out of the box) UW cameras, I am using and LX5 is probably one of the best.

Ok, I understand you.

Thanks for the info. I know, with proper care of the orings and such that you shouldnt have any issues, but I just shudder at the thought of having a failure and destroying a camera. Will digest this information and confuse myself even more :)

Not about the thought of having a failure but when :wink:. Imagine how someone with a $1500. DSLR feels when it happens to them :shocked2:

56.gif

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom