Uvalde

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is that part of the Frio River, Alan, over by Garner State Park?

Yep, long drive!

You will find the water to be quite cool, and clear were not disturbed.
You might find a smaller tank more helpful than an Al80. Not very deep in most spots.

I would like to do a southern Texas tour, there are sopose to be some interesting places.

Some of us have been hunting here for something :D.

If you are thinking of making a run Alan we might be interested.

Regards, Andrew

I've heard of some places on the Frio that you can dive in, kinda sorta...the only places I've been to you can step across it in spots. And dang the water is cold.

If you go Alan give me a holler, mi Tío & Tía live there. I may be able to wrangle a free nites sleep for us, spent many a nite on the screened-in back porch when I was a kid (although we may have to help feed the goats for a day to pay for our lodging, just don’t try to steal one or you’ll end up like…I think it was Johnny Rodriguez :D).

For a little afternoon trip we could go over to Piedras Negras and eat at Moderno's. Last time I was there the cabrito was good.

Sounds like it would be fun...

Ken,Andrew and Mike.....thanks for the visit. Yep in late Sept. me and Bonny are planning a 2 nighter down there....Fri/Sat nights and renting a cabin at Chalk Bluff Park. Waters run 10-15ft.,,,,at some points it can be 20ft. on a good run. Great snorkeling and kayaking.....we will be bringing the Diveyak for some rec. touring. **If any of you guys want to join up,that would be great....our planned dates are 9/23-24....about a 7 hour drive. http://www.scubaadventurer.com/chalk_bluff.htm

Lemme call my aunt...sounds like fun.

I made a resv. for a cabin for Fri/Sat at the Chalk Bluff Park!!!

texdiveguy:
I made a resv. for a cabin for Fri/Sat at the Chalk Bluff Park!!!

I dove there maybe 10 yrs ago. If I remember, there are no airfills close by so bring enough tanks for the duration.

Enjoy the trip
Dave

Teknadv3x:
I dove there maybe 10 yrs ago. If I remember, there are no airfills close by so bring enough tanks for the duration.

Enjoy the trip
Dave

Dave you are right,,,,the closest scuba shop is San Antonio.

Back
Top Bottom