UV Light dives (want to get the light/mask shield)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oregondiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have read a ton and I feel at times I am more confused especially when the article authors talk about the light spectrum and what is needed.

I would like to get a dive light for UV diving (and I am not skilled enough to convert a old light...but if you were in Portland Oregon...maybe I can swing by with some beer and you can show me? haha).

I already dive with a nice Light Monkey so I don't need another "can" light. Just something I can take on warm water trips so I can see UV on our night dives.

Links to the lights and "uv mask/cover" would be wonderful.
Thanks!

THanks Doc. I tried to search UV Light and it only came up with "light" for light travel, light fins, bc etc. I tried UV and it said the word wasn't long enough to search by. Didn't even think of trying blacklight. Thanks!

I found a couple of used uv lights and 4 yellow masks for 80 bucks at a local dive shop. In Bonair they are spectacular, in Roatan not so much.

Last edited:
I've been looking into this recently as well. LeisurePro has some packages from Big Blue here: Buy Big Fluoro Diving Kit from Leisure Pro and it looks like if you wanna go big time Backscatter has a package "Coming Soon" from Light & Motion: Nightsea Sola Blue 1200 Video Light with 1 inch Ball Mount and Wrist Strap You can also get packages and pieces from Backscatter made by Nightsea: Backscatter Underwater Video & Photo: underwater and waterproof camera housings I personally have a light and motion dive light already and as much as I would love to buy their version I'm just gonna buy the Big Blue and modify it since it is just removable filters for your lights. Just have to make sure you get the right diameter for whichever light you currently own. In your future searches use the term fluoro diving or fluoro dive lights as well and you'll yield better results.

Back
Top Bottom