utila

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zaf88

Contributor
Reaction score
goin to laguna beach resort march 17-24th. from what ive read from past threads seems like a nice place. are the beaches crowded?? being spring break will there be alot of "those types" here? im goin w my gf and dont really want to be bothered w morons. really hope i get to see a whale shark, one of those things i gotto see b4 i die.

Laguna Beach s sort of isolated from the rest of Utilla. Expect no crowds and good diving.

zaf88:
so happy to hear this. i hope i see a whale shark. r the odds against
me/???

Mathematicaly: yes.

Month of the year-wise: On the edge of the best times. I've stumbled into two of them in March.

Phase of the moon: The full moon is on the 20th. You got that one pegged.

There are, btw, any number of "morons" available 24/7, no matter where you go. "Those kind" can be a lot of fun. Keeps your mind young.

I still like your "crappy photos"! That fish head makes me spit!

Well, we'll be there the week before you, and were at Laguna Beach last year same time and saw 6 (i think) whale sharks during the week. The whale sharks are around, it just a matter of luck (sort of) to find them. Saw two on the north side of Roatan in January... so who knows. And like everyone else said, the beach at LBR will only have the 30 or so folks at the resort and few hung out on the beach, most were diving, sleeping or eating.

Utila is on the "backpack trail" so there will be plenty of interesting people, but it is definitely low key compared to any resort island. We dove with Deep Blue and the boat captain was a wizard at getting us up close and personal to the whale sharks. It was March when we were there. Enjoy, and remember your Avon skin so soft!

cool thanks so much. trust me i have fun and am not stuck up but i do not want to deal w frat guys drinking themselves into oblivion and acting like fools. nor do i think that keeps a person young at heart. anyway backpackin has come up in alot of posts, so i take it its not the kindof place to bring nice clothes for an expensive dinner?? my gf loves to play dress up. im jumping outof my skin w excitement. how rare are seeing the orcas??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom