Utila or Turneffe Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The ferry between La Ceiba and Utila is easy to do.

Lorenzoid, I've heard much different opinions about that ferry ride so it's interesting to read different opinion from someone who has done it more than once.

Thanks for the info Doctorfish. I'm based in Calgary.

It should be noted that Mossman saw a whale shark at Roatan on his very first dive there during the Christmas holidays a few years back. So chance to see a whale shark exists at Roatan as well. ((Imagine MY chagrin)

Last edited:
It should be noted that Mossman saw a whale shark at Roatan on his very first dive there during the Christmas holidays a few years back. So chance to see a whale shark exists at Roatan as well. ((Imagine MY chagrin)

Whale sharks are infrequently seen on Roatan for sure - I missed my opportunity to see one a few years back when I decided to skip an afternoon dive, which was, of course, the dive everyone saw a whale shark. Grrrrrrrrrr

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom