Utila, Bay Islands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cudabait

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I couldn't stand it any longer. We're just in the process of putting together the stuff we need for 10 days at Utila. We go there 2-4 times a year so are pretty familiar with what we need and have friends there.

We travel real light. Here's what we do:

Deet (concentrated) also available there. (for noseeums)
Multiple vitamins
toilet items

Clothes: Carried in small carry-on backpack

Log Book, C-cards, passport , dive tables, nitrox, etc.

2 towels
1 sneakers
1 sandals
2 tank tops
2 tees
4 undies (wear one day, turn inside out, wear again) Ha! Ha!
4 shorts
2 bathing suits
sunscreen
sunshades
cap
light nylon long pants (worn over shorts & removed on arrival)
light nylon jacket ( worn over tee and removed on arrival)

Dive gear:

2mm shorty (day)
3mm jump (night)
fins
booties
mask
snorkle
2 regs
2 computers
light
gloves (in case of wreck dives)
save a dive kit
weightbelt
BCD

UW digital camera & strobe

Our dive bags are again contained in heavy duty cover bags to minimize chance of people screwing with the stuff.

When we depart Houston, we tie wrap all the locks. We watch them clear TSA. (In case we have to remove the heavy duty outer bags. ) TSA will replace the tie-wraps if they enter your stuff and leave a note inside that they have done so. We have found them to be cooperative if you go half way.

This time we're going Continental to San Pedro Sula. We'll catch the first flight out on Islena, Sosa or Atlantic to La Ceiba/Utila. In the past we've traveled on TACA to Roatan/ferry to Utila and American to San Pedro.

We don't worry about an abundance of dive equipment because our friends have extras and any spare parts needed.

So, as you can probably tell by our travel list, it has probably taken me longer to make this post than it will take to pack. But the packing is so damn much fun and it makes a positive statement that kinda begins to get you pumped up.

One more week!!!! Yahooooooooooooooooooooo!!

I've said it before and I'll say it again....You're Mean! :eek:ut: Why so many clothes?

Have a great time!

Man can see the "blue" sea now.... oh what memories...

Now you've gone and done it. I'll be daydreaming of clear, warm water all day long. Have a good time and be safe.

Dee,

You know how Ann and I like to run around in the "buff". However, they don't permit it on Utila.

Geek:

I'll try to get as many good pics as possible and try to put some kind of trip report together to share. I hope it is uneventful, at least as far as barracuda attacks go!! As for the rest, we're really Pumped!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom