Utila Aggressor trip report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was concerned about luggage when we went to Utila last May, as on paper they officially had your typical small plane restrictions of 1 50# checked and one modest carryon, or something like that. Turned out to be no issue, in practice they seemed content to stuff whatever on the plane and I'm not sure they weighed anything (don't even think they had a way to weigh anything in Utila.) I imagine they'd notice something that was starting to look too much like cargo, but didn't seem interested in giving grief to divers and their typical luggage. YMMV.

And our connections went very smoothly. Our flight from San Pedro to Utila was scheduled to stop in La Ceiba, but I guess there was no one to stop off of pickup so they didn't. No surprise there, but I suspect if the flight wasn't scheduled to stop and they had a reason to stop someplace they would have. And there were way too many people for one of our flights so another flight materialized. Seemed like a pretty mellow bunch, making it up as they went along. I did get the sense if they did have to delay some excess luggage to a later flight they would do a good job of handling it. (Some local island airlines give you the feeling they're actually on top of things, and some not so much.)

I did the UA II in January. I'll add that the lion fish ceviche was great. At least as good as any I've had in my travels in Costa Rica and Central America.
As far as transfers and luggage from SAP, they do make it up as they go. The only plane they found to charter on our trip was a 4 passenger, with very little luggage space. I think in all, they fly 3 flights back and forth. I waited for my luggage until the next morning.
We ended up disembarking in Roatan due to strong winds. Again, transfers back to SAP were made up as they went.

Back
Top Bottom