UTD led

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mutiny360

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Has anyone gotten to try or have the new LED canister light from UTD. Its supposed to beat an 18w HID and is focusable. Have been looking at lights for a while and it seems like it may be the way to go. Thanks

Being that I live near UTD HQ I do get to see these in action. I haven't yet but it is on my horizon to replace my 21w HID with one of these LED's. I've only seen the UTD Adventure light in action but not the Adventure II. I like the color that the UTD LED burns at, not as bluish as the HID and I wouldn't have to be so afraid of busting a bulb or striking it without due diligence. It seemed to hold up very well in daylight against my 21w HID and you can see an intensity difference but in my opinion it's not worth writing home about.

I've come to like the color tone of the single emitter bright LED's but can look a bit yellowish against a HID but whatever, it seems a very fanstastic light and I plan to replace my HID with it in the future.

The original UTD mini-blog comparing the LED light with a 21W light (on land) was my 21W HID :) the LED held up really well and may have even been brighter with a really nice tight beam.

My girlfriend borrowed the LED (the I not the II) on a dive and loved it. Since you can get them with E/O cords, if you already have a canister with E/O then you may just need a LED "head" (unless your light has the ballast in the canister)

This is a nice light. If I could find my old "spare" 124W HID head, I'd sell it to help finance this one :)

I havent used the II light, just the I version

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom