USVI: best way to find a one (half) day/ one dive buddy, STT, May 26?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rexb

Registered
Reaction score
Floyds Knobs, Indiana (near Louisville, KY)
# of dives
0 - 24
This is my first time ever to visit any scuba forum web site, and I don't strongly have a preference for local versus traveler. If necessary, I guess I would hire a professional for a "local orientation" dive, but I thought I would try here to see if someone might be a candidate to meet up with me (and my family).

My situation is this: we are a family of seven (wife and husband, ages 50 and 52; three daughters ages 22-26, one son-in-law, and one boyfriend). We are relative dive novices - - my wife and I have done SNUBA once and intro to SCUBA in January. I have just completed my PADI pool/classroom (half) certification, and I am planning to complete my certification via the Open Water Referral (4 dives) on May 24 and 25 (in case you're curious about the details, I am arriving one day ahead of the rest of my family on May 23).

I am very eager for my family to get to experience SNUBA - - but of course, seven is one too many for the SNUBA operator. So the next best approach would be for me to SCUBA while they SNUBA. But naturally, it is foolish (and not permitted, if I plan to get anywhere near the SNUBA operator) for to SCUBA solo. It wouldn't be a good idea even if I were experienced, and of course, I will be freshly certified - - never having dived outside my certifiying dives.

Anyone (and it wouldn't have to be a solo; it could be three, I guess) have an interest in being my buddy for a one-morning, single-tank dive, on Saturday, May 26?

We would also be happy to socilaize ahead of time if that appeals to you. We will have a villa on St John.

In case you were wondering, we have to SNUBA at Coki Bay on St Thomas, since the SNUBA operator works out of Trunk Bay on St John, and there is no SCUBA allowed in Trunk Bay.

We will have two vehicles, so if by chance you are on St John, we would be happy to pick you up for the barge ride over to St Thomas early that morning.

I will also pose this question to the SCUBA operators who will do be doing my certifying dives (I haven't picked which company yet). Regrettably, the Coki Beach Dive Club people are closed that day, so the gear would most likely come from Chris Sawyer, in Red Hook.

A lot more details to work out, but if you are interested (and - - might as well call it what it is - - help me out), I would appreciate hearing from here, or by e-mail.

Thanks,

Rex Bickers
Floyds Knobs, Indiana
rexbickers@yahoo.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom