USS Tarpon with Under Pressure 6/15/13 report with video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Randy g

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We finally started our dive season off with an exceptional dive that has been on my bucket list for a few years.

The USS Tarpon is a WWII US sub that went down outside of Hatteras, NC. We were able to dive it with Capt JT on Under Pressure. Seas started out fair and smoothed out as the day progressed. The Tarpon was our first destination of the day. She sits at 140' fsw and was our first time on her. Vis was 50 +/- and temps were in the lower 70s, I would say, I have not downloaded my dc yet. It was covered in BIG lionfish and a lot of babies. I hate to say. I left my lionfish pole on the boat since it was our first dive in NC for the season, deep and new with the scooters.

We had a great time the entire trip from start to finish. Big thanks to everyone, Kate and I had a blast.

This is my second attempt at doing a video.........be nice......and......Enjoy

USS Tarpon 6/15/13 - YouTube

Back
Top Bottom