USS Spiegel Grove with Silent World

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TSwain

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
A video I put together from a dive we did on the USS Spiegel Grove with Silent World last week. Max depth was about 117' going into the back of the ship. Seas were calm and no current. We were diving with scooters, so we got to see most of the ship on the out side!

[video=vimeo;35532275]http://vimeo.com/35532275[/video]

Wow! Nice video. I haven't been on the wreck since about a year after it was sunk when a few of us from Scubaboard got together down there. Nice to see how itis taking "shape"

Nice video, one day Id love to do a wreck dive with good vis and no currents but I seem to be bad very bad luck around shipwrecks

Best chance I had was in Thailand just doing a little wreck in 30m of water which we could see from the surface. It was great until we got down there then the tides must have changed and with it came a very strong current and vis dropped from about 40m to below 5m in a second lol.

Ive done about 20 wreck dives and never had more then 5m of visibilty generally much worse, we dived the HMAS canberra in Melbourne once and dropped down the shot line and couldn't see anything. Thinking WTF where is this huge ship, noticed a darkish shadow swam towards it for a couple kicks and bumped into the boat, its good to see videos like yours proving its possible to see a wreck that beyond my arms reach.

Thanks for sharing. I have been wanting to scooter the Spiegel Grove for quite some time.

@TSwain - May I post your video on AquaPro HD please?

Nice job on the editing and sequence of events. It told a great story! It was nice to see the outcome of the GoPro & BlurFix with the URPro CY Filter at depth.

Yes you may AquaPro! No problem. Thanks for asking first!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom