Using your wetsuit in place of your drysuit undergarments

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Been there, done that. No plans to try it again. About the only good thing I can say about it was that I didn't get cold, aside from that it had all the downsides of a wetsuit and a drysuit rolled up in one super restrictive package. It literally felt like I was diving in a straightjacket.

Maybe with a 3 or a 5 mil it would have been alright, but I tried it with my 7mm J-suit.

All very good points folks. As I said, it was something I saw two other drysuit divers doing on a live aboard. This is something I have not tried myself. My question is most definitely not one of those "I have this friend" thing if you know what I mean. I have dove my wetsuit here in cold California waters for years. However, its seems to have shrunk a bit and I'm in need of a new one. When I first started diving 12 years ago I didn't notice the cold as much as I do now. But then I was 34 and now I'm 46. I understand wetsuits loose their insulating ability as they age. I also understand they loose their insulting ability the deeper you go. I am well aware of how they function. I do have a drysuit also, with very good under garments. I stay toasty in the drysuit. I have no plans to mix the two. I was just curious what others thought. B

Back
Top Bottom