Using your USA phone in Fiji?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fiji is on the SCCN directly to hawaii, latency and bandwidth if you are near one of the bigger towns that has 4G LTE is not an issue
If you’re near a big town, Internet is not an issue. 🤓

Thanks all, I got what I needed from your responses. It wasn't my preference to use a proctored test but I was considering it as a backup but it sounds ill-advised.

I used my verizon phone while on Taveuni, it was $10/day and you got 500mb/day with that.....service was spotty of course, and the internet was hit or miss....definitely not good enough for use it video or anything semi-important.

Hi @Shasta_man

Fiji is included in the Verizon Wireless TravelPass program, $10/day unlimited phone and data on your home plan. I have used it all over, works beautifully. Get charged only for the 24 hour periods you use.

Others have commented on using it for a proctored test, I've always done mine in person, results generally in 15 min

or just pay 15 bucks for a tourist sim valid for 30 days

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom