Using the OrcaTorch D710V to Capture the Beauty

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OrcaTorch

Contributor
Reaction score
" I tried and loved the D710V! It’s a very good choice for an amazing price to do underwater videos or pictures, I will recommend you get 2 if it’s possible it will give you a lot of choices to play with!! "
--- From Gerardo Parot

My favorite light for pics, for the record I’m not a photographer who dives but a diver that takes pictures
SportDiver_20240101_092212.jpeg
SportDiver_20240101_084053.jpeg
SportDiver_20240101_083634.jpeg

@lexvil Great photos!
How would this light be for non photography general tropical diving? I've used a 1000 lumen wide beam light before, but found it lacking to my narrow beam torches, so wondering if the higher output might make enough difference.
Also, my wife is starting to do some underwater picture taking, so could use it there in the future.
Thanks,

Erik

@lexvil Great photos!
How would this light be for non photography general tropical diving? I've used a 1000 lumen wide beam light before, but found it lacking to my narrow beam torches, so wondering if the higher output might make enough difference.
Also, my wife is starting to do some underwater picture taking, so could use it there in the future.
Thanks,

Erik
To be really useful as a general light I think it would be best paired with a standard beam light. I used a small flood beam inside wrecks at Truk and found that to be a nice use as it presents a good global view of the layout but in open tropical water I’ve found flood types of less use.

it cool for pictures it’s great, no hot spots (I usually use it on the lower setting which also helps) the red for getting close to critters is good and the UV can make for some interesting shots.

Back
Top Bottom