Using Kirby Morgan 37 with a drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divezonescuba

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello:

I am going to post this also in the commercial forum.

I am interested in the possibility of using a Kirby Morgan 37 with a trilaminate drysuit. In order to be completely sealed the latex neck dam / seal needs to be directly mounted to the drysuit and the rings mounted through the latex.

Has anyone done this?

Does anyone think that the Sitech interchangeable neck seal system would work with this?

Thanks.

The Sitech interchangeable neck seal system to the best of my knowledge will not adapt to the KMB 27-57 neck ring system. While I have discussed quick change systems allowing one suit to be used for SCUBA then changed to helmet with several vendors over the years no one has accepted the risk to the diver of the system parting during a dive requiring full encapsulation. I instead have one suit dedicated to my helmet. However in the past I have used the standard neck dam, assembly with a latex neck seal on a number of dry suits. However for complete isolation and safety I maintain a dedicated suit for my Hazmat work.
I know this is not the answer you want but in the long term a dedicated suit is the best option.

Back
Top Bottom