using drysuit boots with wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alsamalsa

Registered
Reaction score
I was wondering, if there is anything that would prevent me from using a boot designed to be used with drysuits while wearing a wetsuit
actually these rockboots hd from seacsub looks pretty nice, i am not looking at anything to keep me dry on my feet.
will wearing them cause the wetsuit to leak?

Theres usually no/not much insulation with the drysuit boots. You still would need to wear something under them for warmth. As for causing the wetsuit to leak; wetsuits always leak. The way they work is water enters the suit and if the suit fits right; minimal flushing will occur and your body heat will cause the trapped water in the suit to heat thus keeping you warm. Also boots designed to be used for drysuits are usually pretty big/bulky to allow for the undergarments/socks to be worn with the suit. So say a rock boot size 10 won't fit the same as a tennis shoes size 10.

I was wondering, if there is anything that would prevent me from using a boot designed to be used with drysuits while wearing a wetsuit
actually these rockboots hd from seacsub looks pretty nice....

Hellooooo!!! Consult the Fashion Police first!!!

Fashion Police.jpg

Sorry, it is almost Friday and I just couldn't resist :)

They would really be the wrong boot for the job. To work at all you would want to wear heavy neoprene sock for warmth and to prevent chaffing. In any case the ankle closure of the wetsuit will not be as good an you'l lose more heat. If you want a good footing get a good wet boot. I'm loving my Seasoft Stealths. Mares and Bare are 2 more with sturdy models.

Pete

thanks guys i found a good price for them around $30 i am not looking for any kind of dryness from them, they looked nice with a good sole and price is cheap, i can wear these anywhere on beach or snorkeling. right on the spot spectrum i was worried about ankle closure i was asking if perhaps tuck in the wetsuit in the boots, but i m not sure about if there is room for that ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom